Choose the Right Dryer Cycle at the Laundromat
Today, doing laundry at the laundromat is one of the most convenient and time-saving options when you lead a busy lifestyle. While doing your laundry is relatively easy, to get the best results it helps to make sure you are choosing the right dryer cycle. This is key to protecting your clothes from being overexposed to heat or harsh chemicals and preventing any damage to the fabric which can minimize the life of your garment.
Tips to Get the Best Results Drying Laundry
- The first step to getting the best results when drying wet laundry is to sort and segregate items according to:
- the care instructions
- the fabric
- the color (dark, light, and whites)
- the size (mostly the large items)
- household items and soft toys
- stored clothes that smell musty
- Ensure that all the zippers are zipped closed and clothes with buttons are buttoned up. For garments with embellishments like sequins or embroidery, make sure the items are turned inside out before you place them in the dryer. Taking these precautions will prevent any unwanted snags or damage to your garments.
- Select the best dryer cycle setting to get to ensure you get the best results specific to your goals.
What is the Right Dryer Cycle Setting to Use?
Air Dry or Air Fluff Cycle
What is this? This cycle does not dry wet clothes as it does not generate any additional heat. The dryer uses room temperature air to fluff or remove dust, pet hair, or smells from clothes and fabrics.
Best used for? Select this dryer cycle for freshening, softening, or removing dust or light debris from:
- dry-cleaned clothes
- stored, smelly clothes
- coats or jackets
The Regular Cycle
What is this? The regular cycle, whether automatic or timed, uses the highest heat setting in your dryer.
Best used for? Choose this dryer cycle for the strongest of fabrics like cotton, twill, or denim, as delicate fabrics cannot withstand high heat.
Delicate Dryer Cycle
What is this? As the name indicates, this cycle is gentle on clothes and does not use high heat to dry.
Best used for? This cycle is most suitable for:
- garments with embellishments, sequins, beads
- rayon and silk garments
- loosely woven clothes
While women’s undergarments should never be dried in the dryer, you do not need to use this delicate cycle for men’s undergarments, jeans, towels, and sheets.
What is this? This cycle uses medium heat to dry clothes and has a 10 minute cooling period in the end which uses room temperature to ease the wrinkles that form when the clothes are in the machine.
Best used for? Colored clothes are best suited to this dryer cycle as the lack of intense heat protects them for any kind of damage. In fact, this dryer setting can be used for any clothes that you wear!
Clean Laundry Made Easy at the Laundromart of Four Corners!
At Laundromat of Four Corners, our goal is to help you make doing laundry as easy, including how to choose the right dryer cycle for your clothes! Our friendly, professional staff is always around to guide you in the best way possible at our state-of-the-art facility. Just drop by our laundromat in the Kissimmee area any time from 7 am – 10 pm every day of the week and we help you make doing laundry a happy experience!