Laundromat Tips for Washing Bedding
Neat and clean bedding goes a long way in ensuring a healthy, good night’s sleep. Of course, washing bedding regularly can be a challenge merely because of its bulky size which is why these items are best washed at a laundromat instead of at home. They need a lot of space and delicate treatment that can only be assured in a laundromat.
Wondering how to make your task easier at the laundromat? We are here to help! Read on as we give you laundromat tips for washing bedding and other bulky items like comforters, blankets, bedspreads, and so on.
Prepping Quilt, Comforters and Bedding for Laundry
- Stains – A bedding does not have too much space to move in the washer as other small items, hence, there is a high probability that the stains won’t get removed. Hence the need to pretreat stains in your bedding before taking it to the laundromat.
- Tears – Repair any tear in your bedding at home before taking it for a wash. Otherwise, there is a good chance that a small tear might become a large tear after the wash or all the filling might spill out during the washing process.
- Care Labels – Always read the care labels on your bedding, comforter, bedspread, or quilts to be sure you follow the instructions closely otherwise you may end up damaging them.
Washing Bedding At the Laundromat
- Machines – Bedding, comforters, and the like are bulky items and require a lot of space when laundered. Commercial washers and dryers in laundromats are perfect for washing these types of items. Choose a machine at the laundromat where your bedding fits in with some space left so that it gets cleaned properly.
- Detergent – Using the right detergent for bedding important, as a harsh detergent can harm the filling in your bedding. The amount of detergent you use is also important as too much detergent can leave residues. Select a mild detergent and use an amount that is a little less than normal to ensure a perfect wash!
- Drying – You need to make sure that your bedding is dried out properly before you leave the laundromat. While bedding needs more time in the drier, be sure the heat settings are not too high to avoid damage to your bedding. A favorite tip is to use dryer balls or tennis balls to not only assist in an even drying out process but also make your bedding fluffier when it comes out!
Washing Bedding at Our Kissimmee Laundromat is Easy!
Our friendly and professional staff is always here to help you with tips and solve any problems that you face washing bedding or doing laundry at Laurdomart of Four Corners. With new, hi-tech large commercial machines that use less detergent and wash faster, we make doing laundry easy! If you decide you’d like us to do your laundry for you, we offer a great wash and fold service, including washing comforters, quilts, and other large items. Visit our laundromat and leave all your laundry worries to us!